Monday, December 15, 2008

Snowmobiling!




What a blast?! Jill and Josh were in town this weekend and while Josh and his friend went skiing...Jill and I went SNOWMOBILING. So much fun, SO MUCH FUN! I was a little apprehensive at first bc I had heard from a few friends out here about fatal snowmobiling accidents. So I definitely was a bit on the cautious side starting off, but after getting used to the machine and being out for 2 hours, I felt pretty confident by the end. It was a guided tour through the woods with a base of 5ft of snow. We climbed in elevation to heights of 12,500ft and at the top we were in white-out conditions bc the snow was coming down heavy. Had it not been for Jill's red helmet I would have had a hard time finding her in front of me. We went around lots of sharp curves on narrow passageways and on the straight-aways we were able to get our machines up and over 40 mph! It was nuts. Totally worth it. when ya'll come visit, we will definitely have to go!

Jill said it was more fun than skiing with less exertion :) So for those who don't like exercise, it's a pretty big thrill for plowing through snowcovered mtns.

No comments: