Monday, June 2, 2008

Denver Weekend

This weekend I was out in Denver with my mom and Chris to find a place to live. Neither of them had ever been there and both really liked it. We got most of our work done on Saturday (signing the lease and picking out furniture) and were able to do some outlet shopping in CR, tried out a cool Japanese steakhouse, went to church on Sunday in DTC (the church is like 5mins from my house) and then drove up to Boulder and Estes Park. Both are gorgeous areas. Boulder has the cutest little outdoor street mall, very similar to Charlottesville. Then we drove up to Estes Park-- the drive was stunning. You are slowly climbing in elevation and driving through windy mountainous roads and then as soon as you get into Estes you start seeing snow covered mtns (really up close). We drove to the entrance of Rocky Mtn Natl Park but it was $20 to enter and with my temporary disability, I wouldnt be able to do much hiking. I am definitely ready to go back out there to check out the park. We saw these HUGE elk driving through the town, they just appeared out of no where. Incredible.

No comments: