Monday, June 2, 2008

The Toe Lives!

Proud to report that after one week of bandage and flip-flop wearing, my big toe is on it's way to a successful recovery. I was finally able to remove the bandages yesterday and walk around comfortably, the skin is toughening in the nail bed and the cut from the accident is starting to seal/heal (it kept cracking and bleeding). No sign of a new nail yet, I really hope I wont forever be toenail-less, I already have strange looking feet. I tried my running shoes on for the first time today and the toe is still really painful for closed toe shoes, but it's making progresss. Tomorrow I go back to the Dr. for a follow-up and by next week I'm hoping to be wearing closed toe shoes again. I'm dying to get out there and start running again.

Prognosis: GOOD

No comments: