Monday, December 1, 2008

Dallas for Turkey weekend



It had been a whole year since I saw my bro and his family. Skye, Dallas and Zoli had grown soooooo much! Handfuls as usual and even hellions at times (most times ;) but love them just the same! I need a vacation now though.

here are some highlights:

1) Dallas' funny sayings and guestures - ie: "I gotta have my SEX" - he had no idea what Sex even meant! And Zoli goes "Dallas that is only for mom and dad!"

2) Their hot water heater died on us all the first day we were all there...no showers, yuck!

3) DO NOT EVER PUT GOLD BOND in your HAIR! I learned this lesson. Since I couldnt bear to take a cold shower to wash my hair, I remembered an old remedy my friend Anastasia (Stacie) had told me. She said if my hair was ever oily and I didnt have time for a shower I could put Baby powder in my hair and its a quick fix for oily hair...and I've tried that once before and it worked. But do NOT ever substitue Gold Bond for baby powder. yea, nasty...my bro's nasty Gold Bond, I put in my hair. Not only did my scalp tingle, my hair got really stiff and grey looking, and I smelled like GOLD BOND for the next 3 days! Lesson learned.

4) Taking Zoli to get a manicure and pedicure and she had really bad gas. Lesson: Don't take a 4 yr old to the nail salon if they have bad gas bc they will FART on the manicurist. YES, she did and she goes "Hhahahaahaha...I farted!"

No comments: