Monday, December 1, 2008

Deeny visits Sissy!



My little Deeny came to visit the weekend before Thanksgiving! We had our pre-thanksgiving together. Since she is a married lady now, she and Dean spent Turkey Day and weekend in NJ with Dean's family. The rest of the K family headed to Dallas, TX to be with my BIG brother and his family.



If you come to Denver, you MUST visit Boulder, CO. It's a yuppy little college town, more granola than Georgetown but set amongst the most beautiful Flatirons. The two of us LOVE Boulder and have been up there several times together but this past time we hit up the CELESTIAL SEASONINGS TEA FACTORY! So fun and every type of tea imaginable, plus you can buy them discounted for $2.25 a box. The tour is well worth it, you get to see how they store all the teas and spices and the boxing process AND you get to try any type of the 100s of tea they make. It's all made in Boulder, I had no idea.







We also hit up Vail and Breckenridge and skiied Breckenride of Sunday. I have conceded a loss or at least, I admit that I SUCK at skiing. I'm all about the GREEN slopes and guess what? I am ok and proud of that. The conditions werent perfect bc it was opening weekend BUT for us east-coasters, it wasnt that bad. But just yesterday they got hammered with snow...so ski season is in full effect now.


Sat night, Deena and I went out to the cutest little Cuban restaurant called, Cuba Cuba, with my friends Alina and Christina, and one of Christina's friends. It's in a little aqua colored house and has some of the best food and Mojito's! Afterwards, we went around the block to this Salsa club -- it was total immersion but all of us girls got to practice our dancing skills.

Such a fun weekend!

Deeny left me on Monday and on Wednesday I headed to Dallas!

No comments: