Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend...

Friday night, Deena and Dean had the cousins over for dinner. Dean made homemade pizza, YUM. Got to see Nyla, Nick and cutie Dalya. She's a doll.

Saturday was a bit slow moving, except the run. Tina met me at my house for our 15mi run. Great run, took the W&OD trail out 7.5 miles which from my house places you about 1.5mi past the Whole Foods on Maple Ave. Great run. Immediately following the run, I met up with my mom. I'd fallen behind in acknowledging her bday (it was overshadowed by Deena's wedding) and wanted to take her out. So for her post bday celebration we went to dinner and a movie. The bday gal wanted to see Atonement, with Keira Knightly. My mom now says she wishes she had spelled my name like hers. I like the simplicity of my name though. Anywho, I think we were both a little disappointed. It was a little too long and slow moving for me and my mom said she was hoping for a bit more romance. Tough love Mom ;)

Sunday, we went to church and afterwards hit-up Al Nakheel's with the family. For those of you wanting a great little Lebanese dive, this is a good place in Vienna. It will never measure up to the cute little old men and shwarmas at Fetoosh in Gtown. RIP Fetoosh. I loved that place, now I must succumb to late night Gyro's/shwarmas at George's (which is right down the street but also not as good).

No comments: