Saturday, February 9, 2008

24 hour recap

Yep, so I spent my Friday night at a country bar, Nicks in Alexandria. My Aunt Joy discovered the place recently and suggested we meet her out sometime. It was FUN, all types of people and all ages but one heck of a dance floor. There was a band and the floor was packed. Deena's partner (2nd to Dean) was this man who had to be 70+ and reminded me very much of Mr. Ferley (Don Knotts, old Don)but he knew his stuff. He was a good teacher bc he knew the moves but couldnt move very fast, perfect for learning. My partner Deena nicknamed Paul McCartney, also one of the oldest people there...very patient with me. And Aunt Joy got in a couple good rounds of the 2-step. Fun night, I'm suggesting we do a big night out there sometime soon.

Met Tina this morning in DC for our 16+ mi run up Rock Creek Parkway. Ahhh such an amazing setting, the weather was beautiful and the path is just stunning. This time we actually made it into MD. I was tired from the moment we started but I made it. And our time is getting better and better (well, at least for me it is), we were at an 8.5 minute mile at certain points. I am sore as all ever now though. I've got to find a cure for sore legs and buttocks.

This afternoon I got a facial from Spa Noa thanks to Deena and Dean and then went over to their place for dinner. Dean's family is in town bc they are having their crowns removed at church tomorrow. Really nice catching up with them. Mom made a DELICIOUS truffle...I devoured it.

I'm supposed to be at Caryn's bday gathering in Gtown now but I really zonked from todays run and decided to take a break. The thought of climbing the hill from the waterfront to find parking, just killed me. I'm so sorry I'm missing out Car-on! I was looking fwd to it, the piano bar was my idea!

No comments: