Sunday, February 17, 2008

Day from Hell

Today has been the day from hell...well, maybe it started yesterday. Let's just say it did. See, my flight home was 3 hours delayed, which got us home to Dulles around 2;30pm yesterday. Now, Sara's shower started at 1pm and had the flight been on time, I had planned on going. I even considered going late, BUT when I got to baggage claim and realized that my bag was MIA, I then had to deal with that fiasco. By the time I left the airport, the shower was well done. Anywho, after phoning United's 800 number to check in on the bag at least 10x during the last 24 hours and given the run around...I finally got my bag by just going back to the airport this evening to look in their claims area. Sure enough, there it was, no tags...somehow the tags had come off. I was just glad it was there (my ipod, my africa jewelry, my running shoes, and my earrings were all in it). On top of all this, here's what else happened to me today:

1) I got a speeding ticket this morning on my way to run an errand in Tysons
2) I dropped and broke a bowl that was in the refrigerator
3) I dropped this arts & craft box that had ink and all kinds of messy items, which caused a huge cleanup in the laundry room
4) I went to Harris Teeter and asked for cash back ($160) and walked out without it...had to go back an hour later and see if they had it, luckily they did
5) The bag fiasco

WHAT else?!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Kerarrrrr, that sucks! That does sound like a terrible day! That's like a few weeks ago when I developed my 3rd cold in the last 3 months while I was in Detroit for work, literally couldn't speak b/c my throat hurt so bad, decided to go straight from the airport to home and then got a speeding ticket on the way home. I tried to get the occifer to take pity on me by listening to my barely audible voice, but nothing.

Then he informed me if I wanted to fight the ticket, my court date was the day before my wedding!