Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Good Ole Hydration Theory

A good friend of mine (Melissa) and I have birthdays 3 days apart, so when we were in college and were getting ready to celebrate our 21st, we made sure we were prepared. We had a whole game plan bc we knew that the festivities surrounding our birthday celebration were going to be bad news. Our friends were out to get us schmammered. So, we did something called the Hydration Theory, it sounds technical, I know. But truthfully it was nothing more than drinking tons of water the week before our birthday. We got super hydrated so that when our birthday nights rolled around we were able to drink everyone under the table. I think I even puked and rallied. And for me, that was unheard of. Once I puked, my night was typically over. But not the birthday night, I took it like a champ.

SOOOOOOOO...this is my plan for the upcoming marathon. I am officially HYDRATING so that I can rally my way thru race day. Except this time, there won't be any puking and rallying...just the latter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I puked and rallied at your bachlorette party at Wet Willys! - JD

Tina said...

Woohoo!! We did it, girl!! Without puking!! 26.2 what?!