Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Running with the MAYOR

YES! We'll be running with the mayor, not Marion Barry. DC Mayor Fenty will also be running the National Marathon and apparently the course passes by his father's Fleet Feet running store in DC, so we'll all give Fenty Sr. a shout-out. If it was Marion Barry we'd be running by the crack shop.

Many of you have volunteered to come out and cheer me and Tina on as we run the DC Marathon, March 29th. I can't thank you enough in advance bc I will MOST definitely need the encouragement, especially at the END. I'm getting pretty nervous too. I was out of commission for a little over a week after my return from Cabo bc of a stupid cough I developed. I think I've finally kicked it and this weekend Tina and I attempt the 20 mile run. I'm still not sold on the fact that if you can run 20, you can run 26miles. Hello...what about the last 6?

Anywho, check out the route and the website!

http://www.nationalmarathon.com/

No comments: