Monday, March 10, 2008

Is Denver in the future?

After being on the market since July, my company building finally sold! Exciting and scary at the same time. While I welcome the move to Denver with the association, it's a little unnerving. The last time I moved anywhere was college and that was to the friendly south. AND it was college, no one knew each other...you had to make friends. Life's a bit different now, I'm married, my family is here, and in the long run the DC metro area is a pretty nice place to live and raise a family. I'm thinking short-term relocation, maybe 1-2 years out there. And heck, don;t like it...move back. No loss. But for the time being, Denver could be a great change of pace. And probably a much nicer, slower pace. Plus, I know I would take advantage of all the outdoor adventures...hiking, camping, kayaking, rafting...and even perfect my non-existent skiing skills. A no-brainer ;)

A lot to consider. The Castlerock area of Denver is really pretty, it's kinda the Ashburn to DC. Downtown Denver would be probably be the place to live and have a reverse commute. We'll see what happens with the relocation package they offer.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I hear Castle Rock is dead and if you know no one, don't live there.

Plus, my friend Laurie and Christine and Rommie's friends live out there, so we can introduce you to some peeps! :-)

They all love it out there apparently!

LKBeglis said...

Um, did anyone ask me if you could move to Denver? If you did, the answer would have been "no, no no!!!" I am still mourning the loss of Caryn to NY, and Kristen to ATL, so I cannot have a 3rd Troy Street Roomie move on me.

Unknown said...

Denver is awesome! Castle Rock is very burbish - eh. I think Boulder is a similar commute and MUCH better than CR if you don't want to live in Denver itself! OMG - keep me posted!